Monday, March 9, 2009

Chapter 2

Twenty years later...


Abraham stood looking out the window of his office. He had just left a meeting where he had made his final offer to peacefully merge with Solar Empire, a company who was currently days away from a breakthrough in replacing gas with solar power. Abraham couldn't wait to get his hands on the money that would produce. He was the CEO for an alternative energy producing company by the name of Power Express. "not bad for the son of a loon" he would always joke at the Christmas parties.

He had put his jacket over his chair and was loosening his tie when his secretary walked in. He turned and smiled at the young woman. "Shannon, how are you? What is it dear?"

"I am just fine thank you, sir there is a James Neely to see you."

"Ah, well this should be interesting. Please send him in."

James came in and hugged his old friend. The two were, by now, as different as they came. Where Abraham's hair was cut short and kept neat, James' hair was down to his shoulders and always looked as though he had just woken up. He had a beard coming in where Abraham kept his face clean. Finally James was clear not an advocate of dressing well when meeting CEOs. He wore a green t-shirt and a pair of jeans full of holes.

"Hey prez how ya been man?"

James had called Abraham prez sense they had taken History together in 9th grade. It always steamed Abraham but he never showed it.

" I have been fine friend, I would ask how you have been but your attire speaks for itself I think." They laughed together for a moment before Abraham got serious again. "So what brings you out here?"

James pulled out a floppy disc and swayed it in his hand. "I thought you should see what I have on this disc."

"And what might that be James?"

"Answers to questions you gave up long ago bro."

"So this is about my father again."

"And that thing that attacked you family, yea."

"My father attacked my family James, we both know it, I still can't seem to understand why you won't give this whole thing up. We know what happened."

"I don't give it up because it isn't true. Listen this disc has information about an outbreak in South America, one that caused the same effects that we saw the night your mom and brother were killed."

Abraham turned and looked back out the window. His office was near the top floor and you could see all of Colorado from here. He loved the view, even more so when James was going on about these thing. "Why would I have interest in something that happened in South America? I am not following how this has to do with us or my family."

"You may not care about the outbreak in South America, but you will probably care about a man by the name of Garsia Munnes. He lived in the town that had the outbreak, fled to America after escaping execution due to a bite on his arm. He moved to Grand Oaks."

Abraham turned back to James slightly curious at this fact. "Our Grand Oaks?"

"Yea, he could be the zombie. The John Doe your dad killed. He could explain ever.."

"No, stop. My dad killed my mom and my brother...and some other guy. Whatever you have found doesn't matter to me." He turned and looked back out the window. "James, you know I love you like a brother but I think it is time to drop all this."

"Nah, bro look I know it is hard but come on."

Abraham turned around, red faced, "No, this is stupid and the fact that you keep pushing this fairy tale on me is even worse. Get out of my office James, now." Rage and spit flew from his mouth and clung to the words that seemed to slap James across the face.

James dropped his eyes to the disc, "Ok, I get it, I am leaving this here though, just look at it. For me." He dropped the disc on Abraham's desk and turned to leave. "I guess I will see you prez."

"I guess so."

With that James left. Abraham fell into his chair and, head in his hands, began to weep.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment