Monday, March 16, 2009

I don't want to be a Christian...

I met a christian who doesn't like people of other races and colors. I like diversity.
I met a christian who thinks that men and women are not equal. I think it's a level playing field.
I met a christian who boycots Halloween. I like costumes and candy.
I
met a christian who won't let his kids watch a cartoon that had "magic"
in it. I watched cartoons like that and never joined a cult.
I've
met christians that follow a political party and leaders because they
we're more "moral" than the other guy. To me that's leaning on human
strength.
I meet christians who "have the truth", and hurt those around them. I want to help where I can.
I've
met christians that have no sense of humour and live in fear of what
they don't understand. I love to laugh and pursue joy along with
knowledge.
I
read about Jesus who did and said the most amazing things. I want to be
like that guy. So I hope you don't mind if I avoid and ignore all of
these christians and those who are like them. It's just that my
attention is Elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment